Here’s the Scoop from the Loop

Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Reading is its own reward"

             This has been my best reading summer!  
~ I started off with a stack of new books from our school librarian and a student who wanted to read them with me. See some of the selections at the end of this blog.


~Many of my friends and neighbors are avid readers.  Their recommendations were great!       Not a weak one in the bunch. I actually read 6 adult books!


~I volunteered in the Tremont Book room every Thursday evening.  Several former students and upcoming students stopped in.  I enjoyed helping them select books.


~A colleague recommended a professional read, The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller.
   It was inspiring and an affirmation of what I am doing in my classroom.


~My granddaughter Emily, 13 months, is talking and walking.  One of her favorite words is BOOK (the k is somewhat silent).
        * * * * * * * * * * *
I have scheduled my "Meet Me At The Library" event for Tuesday, August 14 from noon to 2:00 in the Childrens section of the Upper Arlington Public Library.  It is like an Open House.  Come and go as you like.  We will chat about your summer and some of the books you have read.  This is for my new group of second graders.

                                 "Reading is its own reward"
                                                 ~ Donalyn Miller, The Book Whisperer
      

 








No comments:

Post a Comment