Here’s the Scoop from the Loop

Monday, August 16, 2010

Outside the Box



     My students (past and present) know that I am not a fan of markers. Crayons are my preferred art medium.  J’adore les crayons!  I like everything about them. . . the shape, the feel, the smell, the colors, the textures you can create. 
      I was browsing through an art gallery in the Short North a few weeks ago and came across an artist, Christian Faur,  who creates unbelievable artwork with the pointed end of crayons.  The effect is similar to pointillism (think Seurant) or pixels or a lite brite. 
      This fall I will be taking a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) course through Miami University. I completed one STEM course this summer. Consequently, my students will be thinking and creating outside their box of crayons.
      I am looking forward to teaching and learning with you. 
                     See you next Tuesday!
Purple, Green and Yellow (Annikins)Harold and the Purple Crayon 50th Anniversary Edition (Purple Crayon Books)

Purple, Green and Yellow is available to read right now on Tumblebooks!
Go to  http://www.ghpl.org/kids and click on Tumblebooks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment