Here’s the Scoop from the Loop

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Science

Cicadas have arrived !  The last week of June I heard cicadas.  I thought I was hearing things.  It was too early.  Well then I saw my cat,  Jinx,  stalking a cicada.  Proof positive. 
  I follow John Switzer's column in the Sunday Dispatch.  More proof!
A little googling provided more information. Click on  Ohio cicadas  and  cicada mania.
 This year we will be studying (hands on) a few insect life cycles.


 Science Standard:  Students demonstrate an understanding of how living systems function and how they interact with the physical environment. This includes an understanding of the cycling of matter and flow of energy in living systems.


On the lighter, creative side (language arts) I will read Bug Boy to the class.
Bug Boy

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Mrs. May.
    I miss you.


    -Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you Sydney.
    I miss you too ! In just a few weeks we will all be back together.
    3rd grade is going to be great !

    ReplyDelete